Private information handled at East Asian Society for the Scientific Study of Religion (EASSSR) is collected, possessed and processed on the basis of relevant laws as well as an agreement with the information owner. With the Privacy Protection Act for Public Organizations that provides a general foundation in dealing with individuals’ privacy, EASSSR shall observe the law to collect, possess, and process private data in the manner of conducting public affairs faithfully and preserving the rights of people. EASSSR also shall lawfully respects people’s rights, including the right to request to view and make corrections to their private information retained by EASSSR. People are entitled to file an administrative lawsuit in accordance with the Administrative Judgment Law, if there is any infringement of their legal rights.
The Policy contains two parts: the Privacy for Website Users, which intends to protect private data handled over this website operated by EASSSR, and the Computerized Private Data, which is necessary for EASSSR to implement its missions and tasks.
Ⅰ. Privacy Protection over SNU Websites
- Auto-collected and saved private information
When you access EASSSR Website, the following information may be automatically collected and saved:
– The user’s Internet address, browser type and OS;
– The addresses of pages visited by the user within the website;
– The times of visits; and others.
Please note that such auto-collected information may be used to provide statistics to improve the content and services of the Websites, facilitate communication with users, and respond to security events, and that such information may be submitted to law enforcement according to legislation or regulation.
- Data collected through e-mails and web forms
Users are eligible to express their opinions via mail, phone, or electronic measures, such as an online posting. When you choose one of these methods, please remember that:
– Users other than you can view your online feedback;
– Your feedback may be shared with others based on related laws, or used to execute regulations and develop policies.
– Your opinions may be disclosed or provided to other organizations, if necessary.Despite our concerted efforts to manage and control the security of this Website, please use caution when including any sensitive information in your online feedback.
- Security measures available on this Websites
In order to offer uninterrupted security and online service, EASSSR monitors network traffic and runs many programs to detect any outside disturbances, such as any illegal modification of content.
- Web page links
- Access to others’ private information while using this Website
On this Website, you must not obtain any personally identifiable information of others, including email addresses. Anyone who viewed or was offered such information through an illegal manner shall be punished in observance with Article 23 (Penalty) of the Privacy Protection Act for Public Organizations of South Korea
- Report of privacy violation
If you have found a confirmed or possible violation that private information has been disclosed to the public while using the Websites, please report the case to us using one of the options below: ▷ Privacy Protection Office of EASSSR: Kwang Suk Yoo (General Secretary)
– E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Phone: 02-961-9523
– Address: Room 332, Neorenaissance Hall, 26 Kyungheedae-ro, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea. 02447